Thursday, January 14, 2010

A moment spent alone doing something I enjoyed

The title says it all. You are alone at home. And you are really really bored. What do you do? Well, I watch youtube videos! In my opinion, that is the best way to kill time. What can be better than watching interesting and humorous videos made by people from all over the world.

For the past one and the half hour, I had been searching for really funny videos. Those that never fail to make me laugh are those that went viral. I mean, they were popular for a reason, right?

These videos not only entertain you, but some even teach you a moral at the end. I still remember that there was this particular video which showed how a small, seemingly harmless mistake could bring down a whole warehouse. Futhermore, some channels like National Geographic uploads some of their shows to the web, allowing everyone to view it for free(at the cost of poor quality, I suppose). So do expect to see many episodes of popular shows such as MythBusters, Man vs Wild, e.t.c on Youtube.

No, the benefits are not only limited to those few. There are even video tutorials which teaches the viewer to put on a makeup of different styles, to use photoshop, how to do a good home workout, to solve that puzzle that you had been challenging over the last few days. There are even uploads of inspirational videos which motivates you to carry on doing the right things right.

On the other hand, Youtube can be really bad for you if you do not use it properly. Some uploaders use vulgarities in their video, although they do not show any explicit content since Youtube will remove it. To avoid the younger viewers from viewing videos with vulgarities, Youtube introduced a system which allows viewers to "flag" the videos so as to warn other viewers from viewing it. This is a really good system, since Youtube may be a hotspot for racism and anger-venting, and this helps minors to view the videos without all these bad influences.



Anyway, that concludes the end of the experience I had with Youtube videos. I really enjoy watching youtube videos, espiecially funny ones. Youtube can really be benefitial if you use it properly. Thank you for reading this post. For taking the time off to read my post, I will reward you with a heartwarming video:

Seeing my dog the day I got back from Afghanistan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com